Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Is Gold in a Bubble?

I would say not. Too many people are either ignorant of gold or view it negatively. (I like when the talking heads on CNBC refer to gold bugs as crazy survivalists sitting in a hole in the wilderness clutching a shotgun).

I will look for fear buying as a sign we are heading into a new stage with gold. When large numbers of people start seeing it as some kind of last available shelter from the falling sky I might want to edge closer to the exit door.

I remember back in the fall and winter of 08', alot of investment advisers for wealthy, high-end people were saying their clients were asking about Krugerrands and gold Maples. Those were the upper-class folks. I think we need to see more average joe-six pack types buying coins before we can talk about a real bubble.

Gold: Signs of a Bubble?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you totally. The time I will know to sell gold is when people at work start asking me about gold stocks and gold in their IRAs, etc. In the meantime, I have been investing in Goldcorp and Yamana. I also own physical gold purchased at 350-450 per ounce.

    You can read some of my stuff here as well: http://hubpages.com/hub/Gold--Silver--and-Pepperoni-Pizza

    ReplyDelete

 
eXTReMe Tracker