Friday, January 15, 2010

Pig Slaughter

Dr. Faber lowers the boom, gloom and doom!

Here Swiss investor Marc Faber expresses concern that the PIIGS (Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Spain) might default and that the Euro could be hit hard by such an occurrence. He points out that before a country defaults they often print a lot of money and this results in hyperinflation.

He also mentions how one way for a government to distract attention from the destruction of the country's economy is to go to war. I guess there comes a time when even the Super Bowl halftime show cannot keep them all in awe. Unfortunately the United States has a penchant for invading certain countries these days. If I lived in the Middle East, I'd get ready to duck. If I lived in the PIIGS, I'd buy a little gold and silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker