Monday, October 5, 2009

The Arguments for and Against Gold

This is a good article that condenses a lot of the arguments for gold and finishes with a few links to a guy who does not like the metal. In it you will find comments from such luminaries as Alan Greenspan, Marc Faber, Adrian Ash and others.
I found the comments on gold in a deflationary environment interesting. I never really thought of deflation as being good for gold, I just knew I did not want to be at the mercy of a currency that I fundamentally do not believe in as a store of wealth. I wanted the stability of gold, and regardless of whatever deflation there was, I was sure that in the long run we would have inflation due to all the paper and digital dollars being created. But some of the pundits in this article say it doesn't matter if there is deflation or inflation, gold is a 'go-to' asset that will be much sought after.

Is Gold a Reasonable Investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker